How We Began
Proprietor and Chief Distiller, Nick Quint is a man dedicated to his passion — that of crafting fine spirits from the best products Wisconsin has to offer.
Coming out of retirement at the age of 61 to pursue this vision in 2007, Nick studied at Michigan State to learn the art of the still.
"I noticed that Madison had plenty of microbreweries but no microdistilleries. So I purchased a still from Germany and set up shop on Madison's southwest side."
"It took about three days to assemble the still that arrived in many, many pieces before we could even begin distilling. The first thing we made was vodka and to our surprise it was pretty good!"
Nick and his stepson, Lars have steered Yahara Bay from that day forward, experimenting and then crafting award winning spirits. Part scientists, part artists, and whole hearted aficionados, Nick and Lars are having a blast distilling in Madison!
Yahara Bay is growing and looking for 3 bottlers/warehouse workers for our domestic and import divisions!
Bottler/Warehouse Employee (30-40 hrs/week)
Yahara Bay Distillers, Madison’s first and premier distillery, is growing and looking to hire three bottler/warehouse workers for our domestic (1 position available) and import division (2 positions available). The qualified candidate will be responsible for bottling and preparing inventory as well as packing and fulfilling orders in a timely and accurate manner. These activities should lead to increased efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction and be conducted in ways that are in line with Yahara Bay’s values of quality, consistency, and professionalism.
Bottling - Fill, cap, and seal bottles for inventory storage or purchase order fulfillment
· Packaging – Assist with order preparation by reviewing inventory, refilling necessary supplies, packing, taping and loading cases of product onto palates as needed
· Quality Control – Examine and reexamine items leaving the warehouse to ensure they are kept to the highest quality and constancy standards
· Reports – Complete daily diary logs with accuracy to help maintain proper account of incoming and outgoing inventory
· Work Space Maintenance – Clean, organize and maintain a clean and safe work environment that aids in work space optimization and proper working order of warehouse machinery
· Communication – Report and discuss any discrepancies, quality standards, or overall issues with supervisors or coworkers
· Cooperation – Perform daily activities with supervisors/coworkers using a team mentality and a positive attitude
· Service – Execute job duties with the highest service level standards that comply with rules, regulations, and procedures
· Superior organizational and time management skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Proficiency working with inventory control systems
· Ability to lift up to 40-50 lbs
· Comfortable using ladders and step stools to stock and remove items from shelves
· Capable of sitting or standing for long periods of time while performing daily tasks
· Adaptable to working in both a slow and fast paced work environment
· Flexible to change from one job to another when necessary
· Skilled at working autonomously or as a team
· Proven track record, experience, or familiarity working in a warehouse setting preferred
· Forklift experience (for the domestic distillery side of the warehouse) a plus
· High School Degree Minimum
· This position is 30-40 hours per week based on work load and availability
· Qualified candidates are subject to a 3 month probationary period
· After probationary period and proven track record of hard work, there is opportunity for this position to advance to a permanent full time job with an increased hourly rate and health insurance options
How to Apply: Qualified and Interested Applicants please send your resume and availability to Jill Skowronski at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Yahara Bay Distillery:
Yahara Bay Distillers was founded in 2007 and is Madison's premier small batch distillery. Using the best local fruits, grains and herbs from around the state, Yahara Bay produces 42 spirits in house ranging from gin and vodka to whiskeys and liqueurs. The family run company also imports about 60 spirits from around the world that are bottled, labeled and shipped to distributors throughout the U.S.